Effective Date: December 20, 2022
Types of Information Collected
IG may collect the following categories of personal information from and about you:
· Identifiers: Your name, postal addresses, email addresses, social networking website user account names, telephone numbers or other information which you are able to receive communication.
· Demographic information: Your age, birthdate, and gender.
· Commercial information: Information to determine lifestyle, interests and activities, including purchasing tendencies and order history; areas of interest; information collected through your interactions with social networks; information about persons for whom you have purchased IG products for or who have bought IG products for you; and information about friends who refer you or whom you have referred.
· Location information: Information related to your state/province, city or neighborhood, and, if you agree, more specific location information that is provided through the GPS functionality on mobile devices used to access the Service.
· Financial information: Information collected from you as needed to process payments for products you buy. Such as your payment card number, expiration date and card verification number.
· Internet and network activity information: Information about your browsing behavior, search history and interactions with websites and advertisements, including data from cookies, pixel tags and web beacons.
· Inferences regarding preferences and other characteristics: IG assessment of the types of products you may have an interest in.
How IG Collects Information
IG may collect personal information about you from a variety of sources, including:
· From You: IG collect information that you submit to us. IG will collect any information you voluntarily provide and IG may request optional information to support your use of the Service. IG collects any information that you voluntarily enter into the Service. If you send an e-mail to IG, your e-mail address and the full content of your e-mail will be collected, including attached files and other information you choose to provide.
· Location information: IG may collect different types of information about your location, including general information, such as the city, state and/or zip code associated with your IP Address. If you agree, more specific location information is provided through the GPS functionality on mobile devices used to access the Service. IG may use such location information to customize the Service, including advertising presented to you. In order to do this, your location information may be passed along to IG affiliates, agents, vendors or advertisers. You may be able to disallow our use of certain location data through your device or browser settings, for example, by disabling “Location” services.
How Information Is Used
· Operate, maintain and improve the Service and other programs, features, and functionality related to the Service;
· Provide you with interest-based ads, push notifications, communications and offers for products and services from IG and our business partners, including based on your precise geolocation;
· Facilitate and fulfill orders;
· Process your payments;
· Evaluate your eligibility for certain types of offers, products or services that may be of interest to you, and analyze advertising effectiveness;
· Answer your questions and respond to your requests;
· Perform analytics and conduct customer research;
· Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about IG and business partners, sometimes by combining your information with information obtained from other sources;
· Send reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, service bulletins, marketing messages and requested information on behalf of IG and business partners;
· Administer rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored by IG or business partners;
· Enhance other information IG has about you to help better understand your interests.
If you make purchases without creating a password, IG links these purchases to your email address and create a secure account in our system.
If you use any features on the Service to send information about a product to another person, IG will collect the personal information of that other person to the extent disclosed by you and may contact them using the information you provided.
When and Why IG Discloses Information
IG may share your personal information as follows:
· As required to comply with the law or legal obligations, such as to comply with legal orders and government requests, or as needed to support auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions;
· In response to a subpoena or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where IG operates;
· If IG goes engages in a business transition such as a merger, acquisition by another company, bankruptcy, reorganization or sale of all or a portion of our assets;
· To combat fraud or criminal activity, and protect our rights, users, and business partners or as part of legal proceedings affecting IG;
· If the information has been aggregated, de-identified or does not identify you personally; and
· Otherwise with your consent.
IG may disclose the following categories of personal information for IG business and operational purposes:
· Commercial information;
· Location information;
· Financial information;
· Internet and network activity information; and
· Inferences regarding preferences or characteristics.
IG may disclose certain personal information in exchange for services, insights, or other valuable consideration. These disclosures may involve:
· Commercial information;
· Location information;
· Financial information (not including payment card numbers);
· Internet and network activity information; and
· Inferences regarding preferences or characteristics.
Security of Personal Information
IG implemented an information security program that contains administrative, technical, and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard personal information. IG uses industry-standard encryption technology to secure financial account information. No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, IG cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Rights Regarding Personal Information
You have certain rights with regard to your personal information:
· You have the right to know and request information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information IG collected about you within the last 12 months, as well as the categories of sources from which such information is collected, the purpose for collecting such information and the categories of third parties with whom IG shares such information. You also have the right to know if IG has sold or disclosed your personal information for business purposes.
· You have the right to update your personal information.
· You have the right to request a portable copy of your personal information.
· You have the right to request that IG delete your personal information subject to certain exceptions allowed under applicable law.
· You have the right to opt-out of certain disclosures of your personal information for valuable consideration.
· You have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of the above-listed rights. IG may provide a different level of service or charge a different rate reasonably relating to the value of your personal information.
You may exercise these rights by sending an email to email@example.com. IG may take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to responding to your requests.
In addition to the above rights, you can update or remove financial account information. You can also deactivate your IG account.
IG believes you benefit from a more personalized experience when IG knows more about you and what you like. However, you can limit the information you provide to IG and you limit the communications that IG sends to you. In particular:
· Commercial E-mails: You may choose not to receive commercial e-mails from IG by following the instructions contained in any of the commercial e-mails IG sends or by logging into your account and adjusting your e-mail preferences. Please note that even if you unsubscribe from commercial email messages, IG may still send you non-commercial e-mails related to your account and your transactions on the Service. You may update your subscription preferences at any time.
· Cookies and Other Technologies: You may manage how your browser handles cookies by adjusting its privacy and security settings. Browsers are different, so refer to instructions related to your browser to learn about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available. You can opt-out of being targeted by certain ad-service companies and IG-served ads online by using the National Advertising Initiative’s Opt-Out Tool or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) About Ads Opt-Out Tool. For more information review our cookies policy.
Currently, IG does not alter data collection and use practices in response to Do Not Track signals.
IG may use internet and network activity information and device data to directly serve you interest-based ads on third party websites and mobile applications. Interest-based ads served directly by IG on third party sites will display the AdChoices icon. If you prefer not to receive interest-based ads from IG on third party sites, you can click on the AdChoices icon in the ad, which will direct you to the page where you can opt-out of receiving interest-based ads served by IG.
Device Data: You may manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share certain device data with IG, as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. Please refer to the instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
When you first visit or use the Service IG may request permission to collect and use your device’s precise geolocation. You can opt not to permit the collection of this information but it may limit certain functions or features of the Service. You can control how and whether IG collect your precise geolocation information through your device’s settings.
E-mails from Business Partners: If you wish to opt-out of receiving offers directly from IG business partners, you can follow the opt-out instructions in the emails they send you.
Social Community Areas
Privacy Practices of Third Parties
Business Transfers and Corporate Changes
IG reserves the right to disclose, transfer, or license any and all information related to the Service, including personal information:
· To subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of the Service or any portion or operation related to part of Service; or
· Corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of substantially all of IG stock and/or assets, or other corporate change, including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process.
Notice to Residents of Countries outside the United States of America
The Service is a general audience site not directed at children under the age of eighteen. By using IG, you represent that you are at least eighteen years old and understand that you must be at least eighteen years old in order to create an account and purchase the goods or services advertised through the Service.
California Privacy Rights and Other Countries
If you reside in Canada, you may have the right to be provided with access to personal information IG has collected about you and written information about IG policies and practices with respect to the transfer of your personal information to vendors outside Canada. Send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IG utilizes various valid data transfer mechanisms for personal information at its sole discretion in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. IG will assess the appropriateness of other valid data transfer mechanisms as they become available.
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to request, once a year, if IG shared their personal information with other companies for those companies’ direct marketing during the preceding calendar year. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by IG, please contact email@example.com or the address stated above. Please include “Shine the Light Request” in your correspondence. Please allow 30 days for a response.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of any site where this policy is posted, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you posted and there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
Cookies are unique identifiers, usually made up of small bits of text or code. Cookies are usually stored on your device or in your web browser and they send certain information back to the party who served the cookie. Cookies are a broad range of technologies than just cookies, including web beacons, clear gifs, pixels and other similar technologies. When we say first-party cookies we mean cookies that are served by IG. Third-party cookies are served by non-IG parties.
Cookies are used in order to better understand how applications and websites work and to optimize online and mobile experiences. Cookies do this by allowing the party serving the cookie to analyze a website’s performance, remember user preferences, recognize whether a computer or device has visited a website previously, and to serve personalized advertisements. IG may collect this information across browsers or devices, but the interest-based advertising cookie is not associated with and does not contain Personal Information.
IG primarily uses the following four types of cookies:
Operationally Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential for the operation of the Site. They make it possible for you to browse and use the Site. If you disable these cookies, the Site will not function correctly.
Performance Cookies. These cookies gather information about how visitors use the Site and monitor Site performance. Performance cookies can be used to identify and remedy operational problems with the Site.
Functionality Cookies. These cookies are used to recognize and remember your preferences.
You may be able to opt out of the placement of certain cookies by configuring your browser settings or opting out directly with the party that operates and controls the cookie. Please check your browser settings for more information.
E-mails contain cookies that track whether you open our e-mails and whether you click any links within them. The cookies used in our e-mails to monitor these behaviors are unique to each e-mail and are not stored on your computer or mobile device.